Dear Lafayette Orthodontics Community,
We hope this letter finds you and your family in good health. Our community has been through a lot over the last few months, and all of us are eager to maintain new normal habits and routines. While many things have changed, one thing has remained the same: our commitment to your safety.
These last months have been an unprecedented test of endurance, resilience, and sacrifice for every household. As your family is committed to “shelter in place”, we thank you for making our families safer through your action. And likewise, the Lafayette Orthodontic Team families made the same commitment to your family and our community.
During this time, at Lafayette Orthodontics, we’ve participated in educational webinars, collaborated with colleagues, and launched renovations. We’ve altered our clinic and reception area and expanded our PPE inventory. We’ve participated in training by experts in Infection Control, CDC Guidelines, Universal Precautions and Social Distancing.
We initiated these projects to protect you and your family as well as us. As you see these changes and experience new protocols/guidelines, we want you to rest assured that we have your family’s safety and well-being foremost in mind. We thank you in advance for your patience during this complicated time.
We made these changes to help protect our patients and staff. For example:
- You’ll see masks are required.
- You’ll be asked some screening questions when you arrive to the office.
- We have hand sanitizer that we will ask you to use when you enter the office. You will also find some in the reception area and other places in the office for you to use as needed.
- You will see that our waiting room will no longer offer magazines, coffee, tea, and hot chocolate, children’s toys, and so forth; since those items are difficult to clean and disinfect.
- Appointments will be managed to allow for social distancing between patients. That might mean that you’re offered fewer options for scheduling your appointment.
- We will do our best to reduce the number of patients in the reception area at any one time.
We are happy to answer any questions you may have about the steps we take to keep you, and every patient, safe in our practice. To make an appointment, please call our office at 925-283-1921.
We value your trust and loyalty and look forward to welcoming new and existing patients, neighbors and friends.
With thoughts of good health and happiness,
Dr. Osterman and Staff